[blparent] more about latching on

Leslie Hamric lhamric930 at comcast.net
Thu Mar 18 01:47:16 UTC 2010

Hi all.  Michael was doing so well with latching on but seems to be
struggling again.  The biggest challenge I find is that when is mouth is
open, I think I'm getting him centered on my nipple but by the time I get
there, his mouth is closed again.  Lately he's been getting his hands in the
way too.  I know he puts his hands in his face when he's frustrated or
stressed.  I've talked to the lactation consultant about this but wanted to
get some ideas here too.  I guess I'm frustrated because I can't seem to get
him latched on right when his mouth is open.  Thanks in advance for any
ideas.

Leslie