[blparent] question

Dena Wainwright dena at envogueaccess.com
Sun Mar 21 13:33:56 UTC 2010

Hi.
At 20 months old, I think you can start introducing consequences for hiding.
E.g., if she is hiding from you because she is trying to keep a toy from
you, or because she doesn't want you to put her down for a nap, you could
implement a consequence for that behavior. For instance, you could take
whatever she has in her hand away - even if it is an "acceptable" thing for
her to be playing with, or you could implement some sort of brief time-out.
At 18 months old, Elise has started doing this as well. I generally find
her, and follow through with whatever I said I would do immediately - like
taking her to her room for a nap. You can also get remote child locators, so
you could hit a button to make it go off. This might not work if she takes
off the clothing you've pinned it to, though. I would say a consequence
would be the most likely solution.
Dena