[blparent] toddler in crowds

Joy Wolf joy at kevinlwolf.net
Mon May 10 01:50:21 UTC 2010

I must respectfully agree that even with that if, it is very easy to worry
parents unnecessarily with those kinds of possibilities.  Of course, it's
possible, but so are a lot of things.  I guess maybe I have heard too many
people, both acquaintances and professionals, go on about what could happen,
how a child might develop, and what if this doesn't get better.  In fact, my
parents were told that developmentally I wouldn't pass the age of about five
years.  Lol, I'd like to think I did, though.  I guess what I'm saying is
that I can see why some would be sensitive to even the thought that there
may be a problem, when what is being faced right now is normal toddler
behavior.  In fact, at four years old, my son will get distracted by
something and wander, and there are no signs whatsoever of ADHD, unless the
only criteria is occasionally wandering away.  No offense intended here, but
I can see why this might not have been taken in the best way.  In other
words, why get ahead of ourselves?  Have a good week everyone.

Joy and family