[blparent] Gift Suggestions for a 9-year-old?

Allison amh.tweet.me at gmail.com
Wed Nov 10 03:03:41 UTC 2010

Thanks all for the suggestions.  We do have Monopoly and Scrabble already.
He doesn't really like Scrabble yet but Monopoly is a favorite.

I keep hearing from everyone that most board games are easy to label.  Can
you all give suggestions for which ones specifically are easy to Braille?
My boyfriend and I looked around the game section at Walmart the other day
but weren't sure which ones would be Braillable.  I
thought of Clue, but I'm not sure how to Braille it.  The same is true for
Careers, Pay Day, Scattergories, Guess Who, etc.  I'd love some
recommendations or labeling success sstories.

I'll look for the Backgammon and Bop-it games that others suggested.  I like
those ideas.  I'll start browsing the suggested websites too.

Thanks everyone and keep the suggestions coming if you can.

Allison:
Proud stepmom to Nathaniel, student of the month for September and October
2010! Skyview elementary.