[blparent] Feeding Issue

trising trising at sbcglobal.net
Mon Oct 18 23:42:07 UTC 2010

I have not had a baby yet, although I hope to have one or adopt. I have heard some blind moms find it easier to stand behind the
high chair and find the baby's mouth with one finger, while they bring the spoon to the baby's mouth with their dominant hand. It
seems to work better because you are bringing the food toward you, like you do when you feed yourself. This feels more natural to
some. I tried a few spoonfuls with my niece from behind and it seemed much easier than coming from the front.
Terri Wilcox