[blparent] getting food off the spoon

Tammy tcl189 at rogers.com
Tue Sep 14 01:48:38 UTC 2010

Hi,

Maybe he doesn't like the texture, or he's not sure what to do with it?  It
could also be that he doesn't like the taste, or that it might be a little
too solid for him.  When first feeding solids try to make the serial the
consistancy of ketchup.  Have you tried feeding it to him on the tip of your
finger?  It may give you a better idea what's going on.  He may just not
know what to do with the spoon, and if you stick a finger in a baby's mouth
he'll instinctively suck on it.  The problem may also be that he doesn't
like the taste, in which case, try a different kind of cerial or mix the one
you have with apple sauce or some other sweet baby fruit.  This will also
help the food to stay on the spoon.

hth

Tammy