[blparent] Easter questions

Chad Allen chad at chadallenmagic.com
Mon Apr 11 17:22:17 UTC 2011

Hi,

There is a game I play with colored eggs that would be totally accessible
for blind kids.

All kids decorate their eggs. I compare this to a soap box derby type
experience. No one can alter the egg, they can only decorate it. You'll have
to try this with puff paint yourself. Also I don't know if puff paint is
toxic. So you'll have to work that out yourself. Maybe others have ideas for
this.

Once the eggs are decorated, you take your egg and your opponent takes his
egg. You point the smaller end of the egg at each other and hit the two eggs
together with one strike. No throwing, no repeated smashing, just one
straight bump. The egg that does not crack wins!

That's it. I played it with a family friend for years as a kid. If I won I
got his egg. If he won, he got my egg. It sounds silly but that's kind of
the point. It's all about fun.

Maybe you can add a candy type prize for the winner too.

The game takes no time at all to play but the decorating takes at least an
hour so kids will be entertained for at least that long. It also gives them
a purpose to decorate the coolest egg. We'd try and predict which egg would
win before we play. Again, it's silly but fun.

Enjoy!