[blparent] introduction

Lisamaria Martinez, NOMC lmartinez217 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 05:32:54 UTC 2011

Hi,

I've been procrastinating about joining this list. In fact, I figured I'd get all the info from a fellow lister if I really needed to figure something out. Well, 8 weeks into being a new mom, I've realized it would be nice to join yet one more listserv just to get the emotional and legistical advice/suggestions I crave as a new momma.

So, hi! It's Lisamaria and I'm now the proud and happy, and yet exhausted, mom of Erik Martinez Bakker. He was born on Feb. 24 and just got his two month vaccinations today. Which leads me to my question ...

How the heck do I measure out 0.4 ML of medicine? I've heard about marking and a few other ideas, but I don't quite understand how to tactually mark a dropper or a serange.

When I needed to give gas drops to Erik I had my husband preload the seringe for me so I could administer throughout the day. This was a bandaid solution for sure. Well, now Erik needs Tylinol and I can ask my hubby to preload a dropper because I need to do it several times throughout the day.

Help!

Thanks,
LM