[blparent] Censoring reading?

Sheila Leigland sleigland at bresnan.net
Sat Aug 6 21:46:20 UTC 2011

Hi, i don't believe in censorship but for minors not everything should be fair game either. My son didn't enjoy reading so I tried to get him to read things that might interest him. I also ordered some of the books that he was required to read even in high school and read with him. He wasn't a fast reader wo it helped speed things along and I also had some idea of what was being assigned and if he had choices is what he could re for book reports it helped me to have some inpot and we could talk about the values involved We didn't always read books that were noncontroversial either because I knew that we had enough of a relationship that we could talk without endorsing behavior that we consedered immoral or wrong.