[blparent] reading with children

jan wright jan.wrightfamily5 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 19:32:15 UTC 2011

hi Debbie,
Reading and talking was a bedtime ritual in our house.
i had four active children and, if left  to their own devices would
play around at least 90minutes before settling down for bed.
So, i would accompany them upstairs and  we would talk and read to settle down.
I also had a child who had a bit of difficulty reading. We all read
together so that if there were any difficult words or challenging
subject matter, I would help them understand it.
Besides, some of the books were interesting. i admit it!
  We would talk: "do you know anyone like that? What do you think the
world would be like if...? What would you do if?"
It worked for us.
Jan