[blparent] baby's first birthday

Pipi blahblahblah0822 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 26 00:55:42 UTC 2011

Erin,
I love your ideas of having the memories for your son when he is older.
I did a monkey theme for my daughter's 1st birthday. I figured it was the
one time I'd get to decide and I love monkeys. I did simple blue and yellow
decorations of streamers and balloons. I printed off about 100 pictures
documenting Savannah's 1st year and hung them around the house. I made a
cookie cake, I dislike cake, and with help from my sister decorated it to
look like a monkey's head. We didn't play any games as she was too little. I
made a coconut banana punch, and just had snacks like banana chips, a monkey
trail mix, banana bread, and I'm drawing a blank to what else.
I made little treat bags for each kid. I bought blue and yellow felt. I
sewed the blue square into a bag. I then sewed on strips of yellow for the
nadle. I cut out bananas from the yellow and glued them on.
I only invited family as we hadn't made any friends for Savannah at that
time. It was a nice close family party that didn't cost me too much.
Oh one more thing, as part of Savannah's gift, my mom took a huge cardboard
box and turned it into a monkey cage for Savannah as she loved tboxes and
the dog's cage at that time. It turned out really cute.
Pipi