[blparent] Disney World

Erin Rumer erinrumer at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 21:57:15 UTC 2011

Hey Michael,

You're making me want to get back to DW really soon!  We're going to wait
until Dawson is around 6 or 7 so that he's old enough to run around and do
all the fun stuff but young enough for it all to be really magical.  I know
that different times of the year have different costs but when my husband
and I went this last time it was the week before Christmas vacation.  I
understand your situation with your wife and I wouldn't go over Christmas
break itself either since it is way too crazy because everyone and their
cousin is there.  My parents took us once the week before Christmas break
and pulled us out of school for it but it was only because we were young
enough to where there wasn't a ton going on during the last week of school
anyhow.  When we were older we definitely only went during actual school
vacation times.  Second only to the Christmas break, summers are the next
most expensive time to go because as you know that's when most people have
the most time off with their kids.  I highly recommend the character meals
so try and get one or two of those if you can.

I know prices have gone up since we last went in 2007 but we got a free
travel agent through triple A who found us some awesome deals.  Our room
cost us $79 per night and it cost the same for both of us to eat every day
which included two huge meals and one snack.  Kids at the time ate free
through having the meal plan but we didn't have our pumpkin at that time.
I've had friends pay for food at the parks without the meal plan and it
costs an arm and a leg so be forewarned.  The entire cost for us to go for 6
days and 6 nights was $1400 not including air fare.

The only reason I asked about the dog was because there's some good info to
know about the kennels at the parks.  Additionally, DW used to let their
cast members hold service animals while someone was on a ride but some bozo
ruined that for all of us with a law-suit so now that's no longer an option.
When I went I kenneled my dog for a few hours in the morning so I could run
around on the big rides and then went and got my dog before lunch and had
him with me for the rest of the day.

I'm excited for you and your family!  Have a blast!  It's truly a place for
everyone and a chance for all to be a kid again.

Erin