[blparent] cosleeping while traveling

Erin Rumer erinrumer at gmail.com
Thu Dec 22 04:55:33 UTC 2011

Great ideas, thanks so much.

Erin

-----Original Message-----
From: blparent-bounces at nfbnet.org [mailto:blparent-bounces at nfbnet.org] On
Behalf Of Jennifer Jackson
Sent: Thursday, December 22, 2011 8:48 AM
To: 'NFBnet Blind Parents Mailing List'
Subject: Re: [blparent] cosleeping while traveling

I have used both. By sling I mean a wrap, the kind made from a couple of
yards of fabric that wraps around you and the child and helps hold him. I
used the sling because my little guys often fell asleep in one and then I
would just lie down without undoing the wrap. I also used a harness from
time to time.

I also encouraged my husband to volunteer to sleep on the floor or in
another bed if that seemed like the most comfortable option. :) We slept
away from home often and I just did whatever seemed the most likely to get
us all through the night well rested. Two of my boys were easy to travel
with, but my middle son is seven and still has trouble sleeping away from
home. You have my best wishes for a fun trip and a little one who enjoys
adventures.

Jennifer