[blparent] Keeping young children safe with a visual impairment

Miranda B. knownoflove at gmail.com
Sat Dec 31 21:38:22 UTC 2011

Hi Jo Elizabeth,
I agree with what you have written. Without going into detail, we have
firsthand experience of state care, and we know others with firsthand
experience who we were very close to.
What's frustrating about our situation is that our home study is complete,
and it's not our caseworker who is questioning us. Yes, applying to be
foster parents is a long and grooling process -- our license has been 2
applications and 2 years in the making and counting.
I am sorry your friend suffered such horrible abuse and trauma at the hands
of people who were supposed to provide a safe and loving home for her! My
heart breaks for all children who receive such treatment!
You are very correct in saying that the state needs to make the safety of
the children who come into care priority. As we've said from the beginning,
we agree with this wholeheartedly. But, again... There is a fine line
between asking more questions/wanting more information and discrimination.
Thanks for your thoughts, and have a great day!

In Christ, Miranda