[blparent] Leaving a Toddler for Several Nights

Jo Elizabeth Pinto jopinto at pcdesk.net
Tue Jan 18 22:02:16 UTC 2011

Hi.  Circumstances have come up that have given me no choice but to leave Sarah with a family friend for about five days and five nights while her dad and I go out of town.  The sitters are completely trustworthy, so I'm not worried about that at all, but I've never left her for nearly that long.  Two nights has been the max.  I'm wondering if there's anything I can do to make this easier on Sarah.  Have any of you had to do this, and what helped?  Or maybe it's only me who's worrying too much, and she'll be unphased by the whole thing.  Thanks for anything you all can offer, this list really is a helpful resource.

Jo Elizabeth

"Some people see things as they are and ask why.  I dream things that never were and ask why not."--Robert F. Kennedy