[blparent] How to tell when your child is smiling or looking at something

Veronica Smith madison_tewe at spinn.net
Thu Jun 9 03:57:51 UTC 2011

Not silly at all, normal, normal.
You are right at this age it is hard to tell and a bit frustrating, but just
keep doing what you are doing.  Make funny faces and coo at your baby. He is
learning from you even though you don't think so.  At this age, he is a
sponge and he will start doing as you do.  Yes you can't see it, but pretty
soon he will start making cute noises when he is happy and he will start
grabbing for the things you show to him.  Don't give up, we all go through
it.
The more you coo, the more he will, the more you smile and grin, the more he
will.
Also if he is unhappy, he will cry or push things away.  It will happen and
before you know it you will wonder why you worried.
Veronica