[blparent] child smiling

PICKRELL, REBECCA M (TASC) REBECCA.PICKRELL at tasc.com
Wed Jun 15 12:18:42 UTC 2011

Thank you Sheila.
And yes, Jo Elizabeth nailed it.
We were treating the ear infections with antibiotics but it wasn't working. We got ear tubes and after the surgery, the doctor commented that she was surprised at how much fluid was there, that it would have sounded like it does when you are under water.
It's a tough spot to be in because you balance "wait and see" with quality of life. The line between "we can work with this" and "we need to do something different" is very grey.