[blparent] needing some input

Veronica Smith madison_tewe at spinn.net
Thu Jun 16 18:07:06 UTC 2011

Hello Debbie grace, welcome to our wonderful family here.  I am an older
mom, 51, and have an 11 year old.  I had the same issues as most new
mother's with children going into school.  How will I do this and that.  I
have learned loads in the last 5 years.  I always go in before school starts
and introduce myself.  I tell the teachers what I need and more than likely
they have gone through this before.  Since Kindergarten, I have only
encountered one teacher who had not and was not willing to learn.  But that
is a whole story in itself.
All of Gab's teachers have been very helpful, sending homework assignments
home via the computer and if I needed, they gave me their home phone
numbers.  My daughter is sighted and has always been a good reader.  That
has always been the first thing we do is have her read the paperwork that
the schools hand out.
You will find that there are many helpful peeps that frequent the school.
The school websites have been a blessing.
I also have RP, but no longer have any useable vision.
Veronica, New Mexico