[blparent] baby mobility

Peggy pshald at neb.rr.com
Sun Jun 26 03:43:03 UTC 2011

I baby proof my house some but I also teach my kids no from a very young
age.  There are certain things that stay on shelves and have their space and
I refuse to move them.  This way too when you take your kids out to other
places they know what no means and they leave other people's things alone as
well.  I mean I don't leave little things lying around that could hurt my lo
but I teach him, or am trying to teach him, to stay out of the dog water.
To not push buttons on the T.V.  etc.  Crawl around on the floor in every
room and see what you find down low, if you don't want it broken or take a
chance it might get broke, move it.  If the baby could choke on it, move it.
Other things I just tell him no and find something else for him to play
with.  Some of my things do get broken because I don't each no soon enough,
mine's a climber and believe me he's into everything.  Crawling on the floor
in every room every day or every couple days is a great idea though, because
if it's down low or something on the floor, they will find it.