[blparent] sheer terror

Veronica Smith madison_tewe at spinn.net
Thu Mar 3 21:40:33 UTC 2011

Gab came home in tears yesterday.  At first I thought someone had hurt her
on the way home from the bus, then I thought the boy up the street was being
mean again.  She cried and cried and I couldn't understand a thing she was
saying.  Finally, she mumbled something about a video at school.
Finally after she calmed down, we got out of her that her teacher had shown
a realistic video that a grim reaper appeared to jump off the screen into
the classroom.  Well for some kids it might have been a funny video, but to
my child it was terrifying.
The teacher called me shortly after Gab got home.  He said all the kids were
laughing and then he looked at Gab... sheer terror.  The bell rang and she
darted quickly from the room.  He knew that he had made a giant mistake
showing it to the sensitive kids.
He apologized over and over to me and then talked to Gab for some time on
the phone until she finally calmed down.  It took some time.