[blparent] Bells; Yea or Ney?

Jo Elizabeth Pinto jopinto at pcdesk.net
Tue Mar 15 19:40:27 UTC 2011

Like I said, I haven't used bells.  But I told a sighted friend of mine
about the way a lot of blind parents use them, and she put some on her
daughter.  She loved the bells and said they made it a lot easier for her to
find her daughter quickly, even in their own house.  This friend of mine's
mother told her that when she and I were toddlers, in the seventies, it was
the style for all parents to string bells through their children's
shoelaces.  Go figure.

Jo Elizabeth

"Some people see things as they are and ask why.  I dream things that never
were and ask why not."--Robert F. Kennedy