[blparent] Not quite OT, self-defense for the blind...

Mark Melonson variant at pcdesk.net
Sat Mar 19 07:52:03 UTC 2011

All,

I wanted to see who of you attended last year's self-defense seminar at
National convention and also pick the brains of those who did not. I am one
of those unfortunate people who has found himself in situations whereas I've
had to defend myself physically. Thankfully, it was not when traveling with
my children, but I often consider what it would have been like if I was
traveling with them. I do a lot of traveling, but not often with my girls.
However, I want to broach the concerns and possible solutions of traveling
with our children as they relate to possible threats.

I personally found the seminar useful and have since attended their
instructor training, having studied the base art of the system for many
years. As a blind parent, I want to hear your experiences, and fears so that
I can help in establishing a curriculum that properly serves it's intended
audience.

Regards,
-Mark