[blparent] Ways to haul child when traveling

Amanda Winkler awcactuscat1 at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 27 18:01:55 UTC 2011

Currently I have been carrying my daughter in a front facing backpack but she is starting to become too heavy for it and now we need an alternative way to get around with her when we go out.  Both her dad and I are totally blind and travel on buses and walk long distances, so a standard stroller is out of the question.  The strollers that we have seen have stationary back wheels and the front ones can swivel so when you pull it behind you the stroller fishtails all over the place and we don't like the fact she will be facing away from us.  We need something that can be easily taken on the buses without being too much of a hassle.  Unfortunately most of the backpacks for hikers are too big and bulky for bus travel.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Amanda