[blparent] Ways to haul child when traveling

Tammy tcl189 at rogers.com
Mon Mar 28 04:57:26 UTC 2011

Hi,

I do know how, it’s one of my favourite positions.  What you do is unbuckle both shoulder straps and reattach them to the opposite straps on the carrier.  One goes around your ribs under your arms, and the other one goes up around your neck like the strap of a sling would.  so imagine you have the waist strap already around your waist and you’ll carry your baby on your left hip so that you can have a hand free for your cane.  Turn the carrier so that it’s sideways to your body so that if you had a baby in it, his legs would come down on either side of your left hip.  so you’d undo both shoulder straps from their corresponding up-take straps.  Then, take the right shoulder strap, the one that’s at the front, and put it around your chest and  under your right arm and around you as far as it will go.  Then find the left or back up-take strap where it attaches to the carrier and bring it around to the right and snap it in to the shoulder strap that’s now around your back.  Make sure to put the safety elastics around the straps when you do them up.  Then put the baby in to the carrier, making sure his right leg goes under the strap you’ve just buckled into place.  You’ll have to sort of bounce him into place to make sure he’s fully in the carrier, but mine loves that, so it’s no big problem.  Then grab the other shoulder strap, the one that’s at the back now, and bring it up around your neck and over your right shoulder.  Take the opposite up-take strap that Is attached to the carrier at the front, and clip it to the shoulder strap.  Again, don’t forget to put the strap under the elastic before clipping it in.  Tighten both the strap that’s around your belly and the one that’s around your neck so the fit is comfortable for you and baby and you’re good to go.
Here’s a pretty good video from the ergo baby site that will help, and if you have anymore questions, please feel free to ask me on or off list.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQz-V8ZGm4M

hth

Tammy