[blparent] child locators

jan wright jan.wrightfamily5 at gmail.com
Thu May 5 17:44:07 UTC 2011

hi chad,
There are many options for you.
Bells are good, as long as they don't get taken off or you don't
forget to put them on those newest pair of shoes. I have one friend
who put the bells on the back of the shirt. But, it was not
comfortable when the child sat back in her chair.
I found it easiest when you would make a game or a song out of the
answer/ response.
if you make a song, then, you can condition the child to sing the
response just by singing the question.
You start at home in a controled environment.
You have to do it lots for them to get the hang of it, but it is just
a matter of classical conditioning:
who says we have a brain drain with children?
And, this type of activity will help your child's verbal skills.
i think what i would -- "will" do is to use the bells, but not rely on
them only.