[blparent] breast pump recommendations please?

Tammy tcl189 at rogers.com
Sun May 8 22:14:42 UTC 2011

Hi all,

I’m wondering if someone can help me decide on a breast pump.  I have two options right now, but I’m having a hard time deciding which to choose.  I have the option of buying a pretty old style medella pump in style pump, and by old, I mean at least 5 years or morr.  It’s new, and still in the bag it comes in.  My other option is the ameda purely yours ultra.  It’s a newer pump but has been used, and it’s still in good condition.  I’ve had experience with the medella and liked it although it seemed a little bulky and hard to work with for me.  I like the idea of the purely yours, it’s small and fairly quiet, but the only experiences with ameda I have is the professional pump I used for awhile when Remus was born.  I liked the professional pump, but wonder whether the purely yours will work for me as well.  What are your experiences with either or both pumps, and what would you do if you were in my situation?

Thanks in advance,

Tammy