[blparent] breast pump recommendations please?

Angie Matney angie.matney at gmail.com
Mon May 9 00:55:20 UTC 2011

Hi Tammy,

I haven't used the pump yet, but I opted for the Purely Yours Ultra, partly
because it has a closed system. This means that milk cannot come into
contact with the motor at all. This is not the case with the Medela
consumer-grade pumps. I read a review from someone who took her Medela apart
and found mold on the motor, and that clenched it for me. I'm sure this is a
very, very rare issue. But I decided I'd at least try the Ameda, since I
know I will not have that problem. You also don't have to clean the tubing
on the Ameda pump after each use--again, because milk can't enter it.

Having said all that, I'm very interested to hear what others have to say
about these different pumps. I would definitely like to know if others have
tried both and found one to be far superior.

Angie