[blparent] stuffy nose

Veronica Smith madison_tewe at spinn.net
Wed May 11 22:38:56 UTC 2011

That, I still do to this day!

-----Original Message-----
From: blparent-bounces at nfbnet.org [mailto:blparent-bounces at nfbnet.org] On
Behalf Of Scott and Tiana Sanders
Sent: Monday, May 09, 2011 6:23 PM
To: Blind parent
Subject: Re: [blparent] stuffy nose

There were times when we had to use the bulb, but our pediatrician, God
bless her soul, gave us another alternative.  Close the bathroom door and
turn the shower on as hot as it will go.  Strip baby down to diaper and sit
in the steamy bathroom for 20-30 minutes, or as long as you can stand it.
This will loosen up the mucous and you can get a lot of it out simply by
gently squeezing the nose, starting at the bridge and working your way down
toward the nostril.  Some of it will drip out even without squeezing the
nose.  You may want to check with your doctor first, though, because I have
heard that if the cold is in the chest/lungs, then cool steam is
recommended.  Hope this helps.
Tiana