[blparent] acceptance of mature parents

Amanda Winkler awcactuscat1 at hotmail.com
Fri May 13 21:28:17 UTC 2011

I have a 1 year-old daughter.  She has a 17 year-old brother and a 17
year-old sister on her dad's side.  Since the older ones have their own
lives they don't spend a lot of time with their little sister on a regular
basis but when major family events are announced they willingly attend.  We
don't force them to do anything they don't want to that deals with their
sister.  We try to keep their lives going the same way as before their
little sister.  This may not be the easiest at times but we somehow work it
out.  They do love her and if it came down to it they would do anything for
her.  The funny thing is that our 17 year-old daughter has a sister and
brother on her mom's side that are about 15 years older than her and they
all are very close.  In time they will work it out their selves.