[blparent] Resources for blind parents, Re: Where Have All The Manners Gone?

Eric Calhoun eric at pmpmail.com
Tue May 24 16:14:30 UTC 2011

Hi, I need to make a correction here.  It's better to be an extrovert, than
an introvert.

Veronica and others, is it O.K., if one of your children is excluded from
play, due to their disability?  No?  Then, Jo Elizabeth, turn your head
toward the parent, and ask, "Why are you excluding my child?"  If their
answer is their blindness, it's time to give the National Federation of the
Blind's Independence Market a call at 410-659-9314, and writing to 2200
Wells Street at Jernigan Place, Baltimore, Maryland 21230-4540.  The
pamphlets are free of charge, and you can hand them out as needed.

How many of you have Newsline?  I highly recommend Marla Jo Fisher's
column, "frumpy Middle-Aged Mom," in the Orange County Register,
California.  I'm sure she might have some things to say about inclusion and
exclusion.

Eric
.. ..  Eric from Los Angeles with the baseball list: eric at pmpmail.com.
Also on Facebook