[blparent] teaching manners: to jo Elizabeth

Melissa Ann Riccobono melissa at riccobono.us
Tue May 24 20:53:49 UTC 2011

I love the idea of a play date at your house.  This would give you time one
on one with at least one parent--if a parent is willing to come--and I think
this can make all the difference.  Good luck to you!  This is one of the
most difficult things I have run into as a blind parent--much more difficult
for me than the basic everyday care of my children has been.  I must say
it's getting better mostly because I've been able to reach out to parents a
little at a time on a more one on one basis by starting conversations at the
playground, and on walks around the neighborhood.  We also have a
neighborhood email list for parents which has helped me to get to know a few
parents.
Melissa