[blparent] parents rights

Pickrell, Rebecca M (TASC) REBECCA.PICKRELL at tasc.com
Tue Nov 1 12:43:17 UTC 2011

She needs to go as high as she needs to to resolve this.
The teacher doesn't need to be a computer whiz or even "good with computers" but he or she does have access to a secretary who can make this stuff in an accessable format.

What sort of materials is the mom needing?
"every little thing" to me matters because I am a detail person and the details matter.
Having a sighted spouse or friend is not a workable solution if homework is something the blind parent handles.

A lot of schools post things online too. Mom should check into that.
Mom can also become invaluable or at least a human to the teacher so that she will be kept in the loop.
Not being kept current is not an option.
Many ways to accomplish this.
It is difficult to find the right solution without knowing more.

I'd also not regard this as a complaint. If sighted parents weren't kept current, we'd be using a different word.