[blparent] children, canes and memicking

jan wright jan.wrightfamily5 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 13:04:01 UTC 2011

i never minded my children playing with my cane unless there was a
possibility of damage.
But, my cane was used for all types of unintended purposes.

Memicking blindness is an interesting subject.
i think that it depends on the intention.
It is perfectly acceptable when children of blind parents do it
because they just want to be like their parents.
But, i have felt quite uncomfortable when other nonrelated children
say: "I want to play blind," and close their eyes and act as they
think that a blind person acts.