[blparent] making vegetables yummy for baby

jan wright jan.wrightfamily5 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 16:46:43 UTC 2011

Remember that some cheeses don't melt like others, so be careful which
ones you pick.
you could also make a kind of thin dip or thick sauce with sour cream
and flavors of your choice.
Erin, my caution comes from experience:
if you start giving too many vegies with cheese sauce, they (the
babies) won't eat them plain.
Just like mashed squash: hummus might be a good option. you can get
the natural or with olives and it is a good source of vegetables.
I don't know if the chickpeas that they use (you can actually make
your own quite cheaply) are a bit gassy for baby, though.
We find that middle eastern food (Arabic and such) is not as spicey as
Indian food, so even the "roasted with Red peppers" flavored hummus is
not very spicey.

While searching for products to add to our baby shower registry, we
stumbled upon a strange and interesting contraption.
It looked like a pacifier, but instead of the nipple, there was a mesh bag.
Supposedly, this mesh bag could be unscrewed from the handle and a
fruit, like canteloupe or a slightly firm vegetable can be placed into
the mesh bag for baby to gum.
Now, Dawson  might be too advanced for this, but I found it quite interesting.