[blparent] strangers communicating visually with your child

Pickrell, Rebecca M (TASC) REBECCA.PICKRELL at tasc.com
Wed Oct 19 17:43:37 UTC 2011

You'll feel better when you get some sleep. Really. You can tell by his body language if he is okay with the contact. And this is an interaction between him and the other people. Just keep him in your arms and make sure you know where he is so you can stop it if you think you need or want to.
And, just wait until your kid starts making actual friends.  I met one set of parents (who are becoming my friends) because my daughter and their son have quite the preschool romance going on.  I noticed my daughter mentioning a certain fellow a lot of the time, so met him and his mom. And, his mom had the same experience, her son kept mentioning a pretty young thing who happened to be my daughter.
So I wouldn't let this bother you. Your son will have lots of interactions with people some of whom you will not know as well as he does.
And, for the real head spin, according to my folks, wait until your friends begin to regard your son as a peer v. "Lisa's kid".