[blparent] strangers and interaction

jan wright jan.wrightfamily5 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 16:33:51 UTC 2011

I was thinking about this situation today.
you know, i don't just randomly interact with other children unless either:
1. they are old enough and make a remark about my blindness, my dog,
my cane, my children, etc
or
2.   I have permission from the mother first.
If a baby is crying in the seat beside me, I might start a
conversation with the mother first: "sounds like you have a screamer
on your hands." "Is this your first?" "Have you traveled with the baby
before?" "how old is she?" "Is the baby a boy or girl?" then, maybe
say: "Can I help?" or "Do you mind if?"
I have had to ask:
"Can you not do that, I am trying to get him to sleep."
Besides, I find that it interrupts the interaction that I, myself, am
having with my own child.
Just my thoughts.
But, I am easily riled these days. ... ... the upside is that I am
easily made happy, also.