[blparent] Labeling Clothes

Erin Rumer erinrumer at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 18:08:39 UTC 2011

I too try to keep it simple but cute for Dawson with shirts of different
kinds or one pieces if I can find them.  The pants can go with anything so
it doesn't matter what shirt I put on him.  I do have some dressier shirts
but those are easy to feel the difference.  I recently did get a bunch of
clothes given to me by a friend which is much appreciated but there are a
lot of matching shorts with shirts.  Some of them I can feel the similarity
but I just throw him in whatever I find that feels nice together and my
husband and sighted friends tell me that Dawson always looks cute.  The
lesson here that I learned is that it usually doesn't matter if the shirt is
an exact match to the shorts because often times they look cute in whatever
you put them in.

By the way, since we're on the subject of clothing for kids, I just heard
about some really cute socks that Target and Baby's R Us sells that have
rubber soles.  I am hoping to go check them out for myself and get a pair.
I'm sure these sock-shoes can be found in multiple locations as well.  If
anyone else has purchased these, please let me know how you like them
because the two friends that I heard about these from love them.

Dawson and I are off tomorrow to North Dakota for a week to visit family.
We'll let you know of our exciting adventures when we get back.

Erin