[blparent] urgent request: ideas needed for future blind mom's retreat

Veronica Smith madison_tewe at spinn.net
Mon Sep 19 14:48:22 UTC 2011

For me, having her sleep with us was stressful to me, I always worried that
I would smother her or that she was hot or cold or wet or something else, so
while she and my husband were sleeping well, I tossed and turned worrying.
When we moved her back to her own bed and made it a point that was where she
was to sleep, she would cry and cry and cry, 20 minutes or longer at one
time and it nearly killed me.  I wanted to rush to her and bring her bak,
but I lay perfectly still and after a time she settled down.  It didn't take
long for her to realize that was indeed her bed and that is where she wanted
to stay.  I always wish that I didn't start my  bed thing in the first
place.
Now don't get me wrong, she has slept in our bed many many many times and
still does, but she knew from a very young age, that she had her own space
and room. V