[blparent] selecting a pediatrician

jan wright jan.wrightfamily5 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 19:22:33 UTC 2011

Ok, so we are 12weeks from our due date.
I need to find a pediatrician.
when looking for a midwife, I found that:
1. the midwives that were recommended  by the natural birthing Bradley
people might have been great, but they were not open to blindness
and/or people of different cultures.
2. Most of the blind people in my area weren't/arent as picky about
professionals being respectful/etc. If a professional was belittling
or degrading, they just let it pass and in many cases: just took their
sighted sister or husband along. That is not what I am looking for.
So:
How did you find a good pediatrician?
did you have to "interview" for one?
does anyone have experience with bad and good ones? What have you
learned? How can you spot the good ones so you don't waste time and
money with the bad ones?
thanks for the help.