[blparent] selecting a pediatrician

Jennifer Bazer jhipp25 at sc.rr.com
Tue Sep 20 19:48:16 UTC 2011

Hello Jan,

I must say finding a pediatrician you and your child loves and that you all
feel comfortable with is so important, at least, to me, it was.

My son's pediatrician was recommended by my OBJYN and I also received
recommendations for this pediatrician from other moms.

I did meet with and interview my son's current pediatrician, and I knew
right away, that I wanted to use him.  He was very laid back and did not
focus on mine or my husband's blindness.  He did not ignore it, but that
wasn't the primary discussion, of course, since I wasn't there to talk all
about me and my husband being blind but how will you as a pediatrician fit
in with what we need as parents.

His answers fit in with what I needed and wanted from a pediatrician.

So, my advice, ask, ask, ask from other moms in your area.  They will be
some of the best help for you!

To me, it was important to meet him/her face-to-face as I believe you
usually can tell a lot about someone by sitting and talking with them
face-to-face.

Make sure their beliefs and practices are in line with what you believe/like
in a pediatrician such as--views on vaccines, breast feeding, after-hours
visits, etc.

One thing that I loved about my son's pediatrician from the get-go was that
he made himself available to us by giving us his personal cell phone number.
He also came into his office on a Sunday to retest our son's belly Ruben.
That says a lot.  I am sure he didn't do that just for us, but he would do
that for any of his patients.

Hope this helps!~

Kind Regards,

Jennifer Bazer
Tastefully Simple Consultant, 0094864
The Food You Love, The Time You Deserve!
Order Online Anytime!
www.tastefullysimple.com/web/jbazer