[blparent] selecting a pediatrician

Veronica Smith madison_tewe at spinn.net
Wed Sep 21 01:22:57 UTC 2011

Jan, I selected 3 from friends of mine and then made appointments with them.
I told the Dr office I wanted a consultation with the Dr.  I went in and
interviewed each one.  Iasked, not giving them any idea of what I was
looking for, I asked them how they examine a baby.  If they said on the
table without the parent touching the  baby, I knew it was not for me.  The
Dr I chose, right away said, he would put her in my lap while he examined
her, this way I could be completely apart of the exam.  remember your
friends likes might or might not be the same as yours.
Also, as for the midwives, sometimes we need to teach them what we need. V