[blparent] putting a Christmas tree up when you have a little one

Leslie Hamric lhamric930 at comcast.net
Wed Sep 21 03:04:59 UTC 2011

Hi all.  I know Christmas is a few months away but am wondering what anyone
has done, if anything, to protect their Christmas tree from the little one.
Michael is walking, mobile, and into everything. He's 20 months old.  He's
starting to talk and he sounds so cute.  Although the tree is small and it's
one of those tabletop trees, I'm afraid Michael will start messing around
with and pulling off ornaments without me knowing about it.  I just don't
want him to get hurt or anything like that so I'm looking for ideas.  Maybe
it would be better not to put one up or if we do, hang a few ornaments on
the very top so he can't get to them?  Thanks in advance for any
suggestions.

Leslie