[blparent] putting a Christmas tree up when you have a little one

Jaquiss, Robert RJaquiss at nfb.org
Wed Sep 21 11:59:02 UTC 2011

Hello:

    One good way to keep a Christmas tree from falling ver is to fasten its top to the ceiling.  There are decorative hooks known as dolphin hooks. Thse are used for hanging chandeliers. If you screw one of these into a ceiling joist, you can then fasten the top of the tree to it. If you get an eight foot tree, its top may touch the ceiling and few people wil notice hat the top is tied. For a shorter tree you would need to use a strong cord and decorate it. My Father used this method and was able to put the but of the tree into a gallon pickle jar or plastic ucket. This allowed for plenty of water to keep the tree green.

Regards,

Robert

Robert Jaquiss
National Federation of the Blind