[blparent] putting a Christmas tree up when you have a little one

Brandy W branlw at sbcglobal.net
Wed Sep 21 15:46:26 UTC 2011

Put glass up high, durable down low, and begin teaching him. 20 months is
old enough to learn pretty just look no touching. I can't tell you how many
children in my care and children of friends who we thought the tree was
going to be a complete disaster with and it was no problem.

Some people also put a short fence around the tree, but find that is worse
as the kids just want to get in the forbidden area. So teaching seems to be
better. I would not forgo the tree because of age.

Bran

"When we treat children's play as seriously as it deserves, we are helping
them feel the joy that's to be found in the creative spirit. It's the things
we play with and the people who help us play that make a great difference in
our lives."
- Fred Rogers

Brandy Wojcik
Discovery Toys Educational Consultant and Team Leader
www.playtoachieve.com
(512) 689-5045

Looking for team members nation wide!