[blparent] Advice on playing with cane

Lisamaria Martinez lmartinez217 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 21:54:13 UTC 2011

I complete agree with many of the things Melissa has mentioned.

I purchased Erik his own size cane last convention. Well, the cane was
25 inches and so was he. Seriously, since the little guy has been four
months old, he likes to twist in his carrier and grab my cane. Now
that he is seven months old, he grabs and hangs on really tight--even
if I am actually using my cane to walk. When he was younger, he'd grab
my cane when I was stanind in line waiting for the train. My cane
would be vertical and against my shoulder or in the crook of my elbow.
He thought that it was his to grab on to. Now, he tries to move it
side to side. The funny thing is he's strapped into a front carrier,
twisted around trying to help mommy use her cane.

He loves his cane. Right now, it is a great chewing toy. However, when
he is lying on his back, he takes the cane and taps it all around him.
I think he likes the noise it makes when it smacks against carpet or
his play mat.

I'm positive that when he starts walking he'll want to use his cane to
walk. In fact, I'm wondering if we need to get dad a cane so he fits
in with the rest of his family if we go on a walk.

LM