[blparent] Those first words so precious

Bridgit Pollpeter bpollpeter at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 1 08:39:07 UTC 2012

Okay, anyone not wanting to read vulgarity, though it's not really
vulgarity but just sounds like it is, may not want to read this post.
You've been warned.

Penny has been talking since she was 14-months-old, so at two-and-half,
she's pretty talkative and already saying short sentences. Of course,
her articulation, while not bad most of the time, can leave us wondering
what she's saying at times.

So, for the longest time she was saying, or rather it sounded like, "Ate
cock." Clearly she wasn't making vulgar comments, but we spent like two
weeks trying to figure this one out.

Then one day, one of our talking alarm clocks went off to which Penny
said, "Ate cock," and we finally figured out she was saying, "Eight o'
clock." And for some reason, no matter the time, when a clock goes off,
she thinks the time is eight o' clock.

Then, to add to this story, Ross jokingly said, "You adorable little
punk." Well, Penny will mimic almost anything she hears, so the next
time the clock chimed, she looked at me and said, "Ate cock, Punk.

We couldn't stop laughing, LOL!

Sincerely,
Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter
Read my blog at: