[blparent] talking thermometers?

Melissa Ann Riccobono melissa at riccobono.us
Mon Apr 2 20:00:45 UTC 2012

Yes, I've actually heard they are not recommending rectal temps be taking
anymore.  I've also heard you shouldn't use an ear thermometer in an infant
under 1 year of age, but our peditrician's office only takes ear temps,
so...  Speak To Me Catalog
http://www.speaktomecatalog.com
sells thermometers.  They used to sell an ear one, and they may sell a
forehead one now.  The one I bought years ago could be used in the rectum,
but I've never tried it that way--I've just done under the arm, but this is
very slow, so if you can get an ear or forehead one I'd go for it.  I'd also
talk to a medical professional and see what they are recommending now for
the method of taking the temperature.  There are other places, such as
Independent Living Aids, and the NFB Independence Market which sell talking
thermometers.
Good luck.
Melissa