[blparent] travelling with a child?

Erin Rumer erinrumer at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 17:35:21 UTC 2012

I use a carrier on the bus and am still using it with my son closing in at
nearly 30 pounds and 33 inches tall.  Most public busses don't have a way to
strap the car seat in so it wouldn't be safe for baby and strollers are
usually required to be folded up when on the bus so baby cannot sit in there
either.  There is also not a way to strap it in unless you used the
wheelchair straps but there are probably regulations against that since the
strollers are not made for that sort of thing and would probably bust in an
accident.  I recommend having baby in a carrier so you know they are
strapped to you or your husband and safe should there be a quick shift on
the bus.

Erin