[blparent] child safe option for dog flee preventative

Erin Rumer erinrumer at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 01:59:11 UTC 2012

Hello list,

I just wanted to let those of you with guides or pets to know of a wonderful
non-topical option for a flee preventative so you don't have to worry about
you or your kids touching the topical chemicals of Frontline, Advantage or
similar meds.  When I was pregnant with my son I was really worried about
being around the topical meds on my dog so I enquired about this with my
vet.  There is a pill flee preventative that the dog guide school I go to
use to use in conjunction with the topical meds until they realized they
were just double dosing the dogs and took the pill form out since the
topical has a tick preventative agent in there as well.  Program is the pill
that I use and I simply throw it in my dogs food once a month along with his
heart guard.  It's a simple way to get that flee preventative in there
without having to worry about my son touching the oil spot on  my dog while
it's drying.  I love not having to worry about touching that spot for my
husband and I as well.  Now they just need to come out with a tick and flee
pill preventative and we'll be set.

Erin