[blparent] ideas for a blind mommy friend of mine

Lisamaria Martinez lmartinez217 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 18:30:42 UTC 2012

Hi All,

There's a new group on Facebook called Blind Parents Alliance that I
have recently joined. I have a friend who has two children, 4 and 2
years old, who is trying to become more confident about going out with
her children alone. She uses a sit and stroll for the youngest child,
and I believe a booster seat for the eldest child. She's planning an
outing and needs some ideas for transporting everyone. she's
contemplating using Paratransit and loading the kids into the vehicle
on her own and getting assistance with the car seats.

Any ideas? Any ways to do this better? Any ideas on how to travel with two kids?

I haven't thought this far into the future but the idea of traveling
on my own with two kids is starting to make me nervous; and number two
isn't even in the works right now.

I did suggest tying a rope to the sit and stroll that the 4 year old
needs to hang on to or using a leash between mom and kid. Daycare
centers do this all the time when a group of kids go on an outing.

I welcome any and all suggestions. I look forward to reading them for
my own future use and to pass along to my friend.

Thanks,
LM